Paguriran Island: My First Solo Backpacking Trip of 2016

It has been on my New Year's list to travel more for the upcoming year and every year I failed to do so. Since I moved here in Bicol to pursue my Master's degree last 2014, I've only visited a few places here in Albay like Ligñon Hill, Embarcadero, Busay Falls, Legazpi Boulevard and the like. 

Last February 14, yes it's Valentines Day, I bravely went to Paguriran Island in Brgy. Sawanga, Bacon, Sorsogon all by myself. The weather is not that good during that day. There were scattered showers all over Bicol region and it was high tide. 

How to go to Paguriran Island:

There are several ways of going to Paguriran Island. 
-If you are coming from Legazpi City just like me, all you have to do is go to the Legazpi City Grand Terminal and look for the van that goes straight to Sorsogon. The vans going to Sprsogon are in front of Savemore. The first trip is at 6:00am and the fare is Php 90.00.
-If you are from Daraga, you can just go to the Daraga Terminal near Shell Gas Station and there are buses and vans going to Sorsogon.
-Another thing that I've learned from chit chatting with the driver is that there are 2 Savemore in Sorsogon City which is your last stop. The old one is beside the church and the new one in in front of Camp something. Be sure to tell the driver that you will go down the new Savemore. Travel time will be 1.5 hours. 
-Once you've reached the new Savemore, walk a bit on the left side of the building and there you will see jeepneys bound for Bacon. Be sure to ride the jeep that says, Sawanga-Bacon-Sorsogon. 
-Travel tine to Sawanga from Sorsogon City is around an hour and fare is Php 40.00. You'll see signage on the left side of the road with arrows leading you to Paguriran Island. Or simply tell the driver to drop you at Paguriran Island Resort. Once in there, just walk a few steps to the resort and you're good to enjoy. 
-Another tip that I could share when commuting to the area is that you must go back to the city before 4:00pm since there will be no more available jeeps. 

Here are some of the photos taken during my trip:











No comments:

Powered by Blogger.